In this task I had to analyse an opening sequence- I chose the beginning scene of Juno as it is a very well know opening scene.
Learning Comments
I have learnt that the director has really tried to set the scene for the rest of the film by this opening scene by showing us the main character as he put her as our main focus. However he hasn't given too much away- as we know nothing about the main character. Incorporating this into my video will be hard as i want the audience to know the character and have a sense of narrative. I have also learnt that camera angles are a good way of revealing what you want the audience to see and to put the audience into what the characters may see, this is also good for keeping the audiences attention liked to the film- I could use a range of camera angles to do this as the director did tis too. I now have an idea of the conventions of what makes a good opening scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment