The first opening scene was called “Wrong place, wrong time” was fairly poor in my opinion so I feel it was a low grade. Firstly, the camera movement they used for the opening scene was very poor. This made their scenes seem poorly done even though their ideas were good. The camera they used made it so you couldn’t hear the characters when they were talking, it made the slow motion look poorly edited and the picture quality was insufficient. However, the general miss en scene and script of the opening scene was good, as they seemed to delay the characters in beginning and slowly introduce the characters with speech and sound to let the audience know what was happening. Although I wouldn’t call it a horror genre, which is what they were suppose to be portraying. This is because there wasn’t any suspense or scary scenes- it seemed to be more of an action genre. As there was lots of running around and fighting, the fast music helped this along. Also the characters seemed awkward which was reflecting on their acting. The typography they used I feel was appropriate as it was informal as if it had been written- also they way it was edited was very good as it suited the theme. The music they used was also good however when quietening the music down so the character could speak it was poorly done. Furthermore, when the characters spoke you could hear noises in the background, which wasn’t part of the scene, which made it distracting. I felt that the material was very appropriate for teenagers as the characters were teenager. Also some of the scenes they were doing could relate to a teenager’s lifestyle and the setting they would live in. The setting also could have been more morbid as it was set in a busy centre, which didn’t make it scary. Overall I liked their ideas but I did not like how bad the camera was however they did use a range of camera shots.
The second opening scene was called “Captive” and I felt that it would have got the highest grades. I really enjoyed watching the opening scene to this as the editing and camera angles and movement was precise, the quality of the camera was amazing, the character was convincing and I felt scared and uneasy as it was the theme of horror. I felt that the suspense was built up so well but still kept the audience interested. The typography seemed to be scratched away and broken which made it appropriate. It was also in white, which seemed cold and it stood out. The camera made the graphics a very good quality and you could hear the character perfectly. The charter himself was so convincing you could really feel hat the character was feeling. The flashbacks were also a way to show the narrative and helped create flashing scenes, which created a natural thriller scene. The setting was good as it was a deserted place with on one around. It also had vandalism, which made the character vulnerable- it also suited the theme of horror. Lastly the make up on the character was very realistic and scary. The only area of improvement was in minor was a clearer narrative but I felt that if there was a bigger narrative then it would have had the big suspense that it did.
Learning Comments
-Firstly it has to be a good quality camera in order to show my ideas clearly
-Variety of camera angles to show my ability of camera shots
-Setting has to be fully appropriate to my theme- teenage drama or it doesn't give the same effect.
-Characters have to be fairly convincing to the audience.
-Make up on the charaters should also be fairly professional
-Characters have to be heard at all times when speaking and the music needs to be quitened slowly
-Music needs to help set the theme
-Typography is clearer in white and can be linked to a theme
-Simple and clear narative so the audience understand but it doesn't get tedious
No comments:
Post a Comment