Tuesday, 15 September 2015
History of Coming of Age Films
In this task i had to look at the history of "coming of age" films. I used a timeline to represent this- the order is chronological.
Learning Comments
The films I looked at are aimed for a variety of ages and are all recognisable. From completing this task I have learnt that there are a lot of films that are popular that are aimed at 13-19 year olds. These films seem to have grown since the 1980's and it was seen that children could be themselves and explore entertainment by watching films. They have become increasingly popular and are even becoming "coming of age" films. I have noticed some recurring aspects. They all seem to be able to be watched by all ages, as the genre of the films are very appropriate for all ages. For example there isn't a film genre of horror that is a "coming of age film". The characters in the film seem to have bright personalities which links to the style of genre. However although they are suitable for all to watch there is a definite mixture of audience age groups. For example there is a mixture of films for older people to watch and very young to children to watch. The genders also differ, as there is some films that are girls would enjoy watching more perhaps and vice versa.
(A coming of age film focuses on the story of youth to adulthood and is often set in the past)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment